Yields: 12 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 10 Mins Cook Time: 8 Mins Total Time: 18 Mins
- Preheat the oven to 320 F.
- Mix your dry ingredients together (Almond four, coconut flour, and baking powder) in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Cream the softened butter, vanilla extract and sweetener with an electric mixer for at least 1 minute, until smooth and creamy.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed butter/sweetener. Mix well with a spatula until you have a smooth dough. Use your hands to form the dough into a flattened disk.
- Roll out the cookie dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper, about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. This will make the dough easier to work with.
- Use a cookie cutter or a small glass to cut out your shortbread cookies. You could also cut them into rectangle pieces.
- Place cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges slightly begin to brown.
- Let the cookies stand on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack. Let the cookies cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Try them drizzled with melted Lily's Chocolate Chips, because why not! =p
- Would be great iced or frosted! =)
- 1 Cookie: Calories: 105, Carbohydrates: 2.9g, Fiber: 1.5g, NET CARBS: 1.4g, Protein: 1g, Fat: 5g ( Servings 12 Large cookies )