- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer or whisk, to mix together the Low Carb Sweetener, sour cream and melted butter, for about a minute.
- Add the eggs, banana extract and vanilla extract. Beat on high for at least 2 minutes, we want the eggs to be light and airy.
- With a spatula, stir in the flax seed, almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder. Mix until well combined. Pour cake batter into parchment lined tin.
- Sprinkle the chopped walnuts over the top of the cake mixture. I also topped mine with Lily's Chocolate Chips and Unsweetened Coconut Flakes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- A knife inserted into the center should come out mostly clean, if there is a lot of wet batter, then bake another 5 minutes and knife test again.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Gently pull the cake out of the loaf tin using the sides of the parchment paper, remove parchment paper and place loaf on cooling rack. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
I made this recipe in a loaf pan but it could easily be made into individual muffins
Nutrition information will vary depending on what brands of ingredients you use and how thick you cut the slices. However, here is a general break down of the nutrition info for 12 serving slices :
Per slice: 213 Calories, 19.2g Fat, 6g Protein, 6.1 Total Carbs, 3.6g Fiber,
2.5g NET CARBS per slice