Yields: 8 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 5 Mins
Keto, Low Carb, Gluten Free, Grain Free
- In a medium bowl, stir the almond flour and sweetener together until well blended. Stir the vanilla extract (if used) into the melted butter.
- Add the melted butter to the dry ingredients and stir well, until the pie dough starts to come together. It should resemble coarse bread crumbs.
- Empty the pie dough into a glass pie dish or a ceramic pie plate.
- Press the dough firmly with your fingers into the bottom of the dish and up the sides. You can use a flat bottom cup to press the dough more evenly into the bottom of the pie dish.
- Poke holes all over the crust with a fork, before baking. Baking:
- Preheat oven to 325F. To bake an unfilled pie crust, bake until edges are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- To bake a filled pie, pre bake for about 10-12 minutes before adding fillings. You may need to cover the edges in foil to avoid over-browning. Let the pie crust cool before adding fillings and baking again. Savory Version:
- *For a savory pie crust, simply leave out the sweetener, and you can add ½ teaspoon of salt, and a ½ teaspoon of any spice of your choice: dried thyme, oregano, rosemary, garlic powder, etc.* This crust is great for quiches! Pie Ideas:
- This crust can be used for pumpkin pie, any fruit or cream pies, lemon méringue pie, pecan pie, quiche, and anything else you can imagine up!