Keto, Low Carb, Sugar Free, Gluten Free, Grain Free, & Dairy Free!!
If you WANT DAIRY in your pumpkin pie, please see the Variations Note below for those instructions!
Nutrition information will vary depending on what brands of ingredients you use and how big you cut the slices. However, here is a general break down of ONE SLICE (out of 8 servings): Calories: 258 Net Carbs: 4.75 grams Fat: 20.5 grams Protein: 8.75 grams
I have made many different Pumpkin Pies over the years. Gluten & carb filled, gluten free but with sugar, and gluten free/dairy free. But this attempt at a Keto/Gluten Free/Dairy Free/Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie was a lot easier than I anticipated! This pie set up beautifully and was devoured by my Non- Keto but Gluten Free family. They said it got better the longer it set in the fridge. So this would be something you could definitely make a day or 2 before Thanksgiving to free up your time on Turkey Day.
Keto & Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie by Noreen’s Keto Kitchen!
Servings: 8 slices from a 9-Inch Pie
- 2 cups of Superfine Almond Flour
- 1 Medium Egg
- 2 Tablespoons of Lard (cold from the fridge) (You could use coconut oil here)
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Cinnamon (or to taste if you like it spicier)
- 1 Tablespoon of Swerve Low Carb Sweetener or Monkfruit
- 1/4 teaspoon of Salt
Pumpkin Pie Filling:
- 1 2/3 cups of Canned Pumpkin Puree (make sure to get one without any added sugars/starches, etc.)
- 8 Tablespoons of Swerve Low Carb Sweetener or Monkfruit
- 3 teaspoons of Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix (or to taste if you like it spicier)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Cinnamon (or to taste if you like it spicier)
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 1 cup of Unsweetened Coconut Milk or Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a medium bowl, add the Almond Flour, Salt, Cinnamon and mix until well blended.
- Next, add the cold Lard & Egg to the Almond Flour mixture.
- Use a fork or pastry blender to mix & mash the Lard & Egg into the dry ingredients.
- The mixture will start to resemble crumbly breadcrumbs.
- Continue mixing until the pie dough starts to come together. Use your hands to gently kneed the dough to form a ball.
- Put the pie dough in between 2 pieces of parchment paper and roll it into a circular shape a bit bigger than your pie dish. I used a 9-Inch pie dish for this recipe.
- Remove the top piece of parchment paper and flip the pie crust over into your pie dish, releasing the dough from the parchment.
- If it breaks or falls apart at all, use your fingers to shape the dough back into place. This pie dough is very forgiving so don’t be scared of it! (Pics Below)
- Set the prepared pie crust aside and start on the filling.
- Add the Pumpkin Puree, Low Carb Sweetener, Pumpkin Pie Spice Mix and Cinnamon to a large bowl.
- Mix with a whisk or electric mixer until it is well combined, about 30 seconds or so.
- Next, add in the Coconut or Almond Milk and mix until well combined.
- Add your 2 eggs and whisk it well again, for about a minute.
- Pour the pumpkin pie filling into the prepared 9- Inch Pie Crust.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes. The center may look a little wet but should only be slightly jiggly. If the crust is browning to quickly, lightly drape the pie with a piece of aluminum foil.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. When completely cool, place in refrigerator, tightly covered for at least 3-4 hours, or even overnight.
To make this recipe WITH DAIRY, simply substitute out the Lard in the crust for cold butter and use heavy cream in the pie filling instead of the coconut or almond milk. The measurements will remain the same as the non-dairy version.
Hope you enjoy this as much as I do!!!! Tried and Tested From Noreen’s Keto Kitchen!!!!
Here are some of my Keto Kitchen essentials when making this recipe (you can click on the pics for more details):
As an Amazon Affiliate Associate I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases