Gluten free, Grain free, Low Carb & Sugar Free…. But NOT FREE of Deliciousness!!!!!
Nutrition information will vary depending on what brands of ingredients you use. However, here is a general break down of the nutrition info (for 16 servings): Calories 158 Carbs: 5 grams Dietary Fiber: 3 Net Carbs: 2 grams Fat: 15 grams Protein: 3 grams
Keto Original Cheesecake Brownies by Noreen’s Keto Kitchen & Life!
- 1 cup cream cheese (8oz), softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup low carb granulated sweetener (I use Swerve/Erythritol or Monkfruit)
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Superfine Almond Flour
- 3 Eggs, at room temperature
- 12 Tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 2 oz of unsweetened baking chocolate coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup low carb granulated sweetener (Swerve/Erythritol or Monkfruit)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, making sure to cover the bottom and sides.
- Make the cheesecake layer first.
- Add softened cream cheese and sweetener to a bowl and cream together using an electric mixer until creamy and smooth.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla until fully combined. Set aside for later.
- In a microwaveable bowl add the butter and the chopped unsweetened baking chocolate.
- Microwave for 30 seconds, stir and back in the microwave in 30 seconds intervals until butter and chocolate are completely melted. You can also let the mixture melt on a double boiler if you don’t use a microwave.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients: superfine almond flour, sweetener, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- In a big bowl crack the 3 eggs and beat them with the mixer for about 30 seconds.
- Add the melted butter and chocolate mixture to the eggs and continue mixing for about 30 seconds.
- Slowly stir in the all dry ingredients with a wooden spoon or spatula until you get that delicious brownie batter consistency.
- Pour 2/3 of the mixture into the parchment lined prepared pan, followed by all of the cheesecake layer.
- Add the remaining brownie batter in dollops onto the cheesecake layer and swirl the two batters together using a knife.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes or until the center is just set and still a bit wiggly jiggly.
- The baking time really does vary drastically from oven to oven, or batch to batch, so I give them a check at the 15 minute mark. A clean knife inserted into the middle should have a little bit of wet batter but not be totally covered in batter. If it’s not done, bake another 5 minutes and test again with the knife. ***I would almost always rather they be a tad under cooked than over cooked. Overcooked will produce a drier, more cake like brownie, than the dense and fudgey ones I am after.***
- Allow to cool completely on a rack. Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight to set the cheesecake.
- Lift the brownies out of the pan using the edges of the parchment paper and cut into desired size.
- Store in the fridge. Let sit out a few minutes before devouring, as it lets the cheesecake layer soften slightly. If you completely lack self-control, they freeze amazingly well!
Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!!!! Tried and Tested From Noreen’s Keto Kitchen!!!!
Here are some of my Keto Kitchen essentials when making this recipe (you can click on the pics below for more details):
As an Amazon Affiliate Associate I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases