Keto, Low Carb, Gluten Free, Grain Free, Dairy Free, Diabetic Friendly & Sugar Free!!! 0.3 g NET CARBS
Nutrition information will vary depending on what brands of ingredients you use. However, here is a general break down of the nutrition info for 3 servings:
Per serving: 243 Calories, 21g Fat, 0.5 Total Carbs, 0.2g Fiber, 0.3 g NET CARBS
Keto Easy Smokehouse Chicken by Noreen’s Keto Kitchen & Life!
- 3-4 pieces of Chicken Leg Quarters (Bone in,skin on, however many will fit in a single layer of your Dutch oven or baking dish.
- 1 teaspoon of Pink Salt
- 1 teaspoon of Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon of Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons of Low Carb “Brown” Sweetener (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon of Hot Sauce ( Frank’s Red Hot)
- 2 teaspoons of Liquid Smoke
- 1 teaspoon of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 cups of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees
- Combine all ingredients except for the chicken in the Dutch Oven or baking dish.
- Stir well.
- Place the chicken, skin side down into the Dutch Oven.
- Cover with lid and cook for 45 minutes.
- Flip the chicken pieces over, cover and return to the oven for an additional 45 minutes.
- Remove lid and turn your oven on to broil.
- Broil the chicken quarters for about 5-15 minutes, or until chicken skin is browned and crispy.
- Watch carefully so that it does not burn (broiling times will vary significantly).
- Spoon the pan juices over the chicken to serve.
- Serve with your favorite low carb sides. Serve over cauliflower rice, steamed broccoli, green beans, etc, etc.
- Also, goes great with my Keto Coleslaw: https://noreensketokitchen.com/2019/07/25/keto-coleslaw/
- Or Keto Roasted Brussels Sprouts: https://noreensketokitchen.com/2018/10/24/keto-roasted-balsamic-brussels-sprouts-by-noreen-2/
- NOTE: You can marinade the chicken in this mixture overnight if you have the time, it’s not totally necessary but does add more flavor!