Keto, Low Carb, Gluten Free, Grain Free, Diabetic Friendly & Sugar Free!!!
Nutrition information will vary depending on what brands of ingredients you use. However, here is a general break down of the nutrition info for 1 serving (recipe makes 2 servings) :
Per serving: 475 Calories, 30.6g Fat, 29g Protein, 15g Total Carbs, 8g Fiber, 7g NET CARBS
Keto Crispy Onion Rings by Noreen’s Keto Kitchen
- 1 Large Onion (sliced into rings about 1/2 inch thick)
- 3 Tablespoons of Coconut flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 Ounces of Pork Rinds (ground or smashed into crumbs)
- 6 Tablespoons of Almond Flour
- 2 Tablespoons of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- Oil for frying (about 1/4 -1/2 cup)
- Slice up your onion into rings about 1/2 inch thick and separate out the rings of the onion.
- Heat up the oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Toss the onion rings in the coconut flour to dredge them.
- Whisk the eggs in a small bowl.
- In a bowl combine the ground pork rinds, almond flour, parmesan cheese, salt & pepper, paprika and garlic powder. Mix well. This is our onion ring coating!
- Dip the coconut flour coated onion rings in the egg wash and then dip into the pork rind mixture, making sure they are well coated.
- Coat the onion rings one at a time and place on a pile on a plate.
- Fry onion rings until golden brown (about 2 minutes) and then turn over and cook another 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove onion rings from pan and transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Serve with your favorite keto dipping sauce, sugar free ketchup or whatever else you like!