With warm weather approaching and the sunny outdoors calling to us, who wants to spend all evening indoors cooking dinner? Not me! That’s for sure!
Fresh and yummy salads are my go-to meals when it’s hot out and I don’t want to spend much time cooking. I am going to share with you some of my favorite quick, easy and delicious Keto Salad ideas to keep it interesting and delicious!
Buffalo Chicken Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
To make this super easy, buy a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken, and toss the white meat in buffalo sauce (equal parts melted butter & franks hot sauce for medium heat). Serve buffalo chicken over a bed of greens or your favorite salad and top it all off with a yummy blue cheese dressing. Throw in some finely chopped celery for that crunch and there you have it! Low carb Buffalo Chicken Salad!
If you are grilling outside, well season your chicken with salt & pepper and grill it up! Slice it and toss in buffalo sauce.
I am a little lazy keto when it comes to dressings, I usually buy Ken’s Blue Cheese. It’s relatively low in carbs and gluten free but not made with keto friendly oils. I don’t eat it that often so I kind of consider it a cheat when I do.
If you are strict, you can always make you own blue cheese dressing! When I am feeling a bit less lazy, I will make the blue cheese dressing from scratch. It’s actually super easy to make.
Keto Blue Cheese Dip/Dressing by Noreen’s Keto Kitchen
- 2.5 oz (70g) crumbled blue cheese
- 4 Tablespoons of full fat sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons of keto friendly mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon of white vinegar (whatever kind you like is ok)
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mash and blend well. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour or so to let the flavors come together. If you want to thin out the dressing a bit, add a tad bit more vinegar. Serve over your favorite salad or as a dip for buffalo chicken wings! Yum!
Classic Caesar Salad
Always a classic and always delicious! Serve this salad with grilled or sauteed chicken or shrimp, topped with shaved parmesan and creamy caesar dressing. To keep it Keto you just have to skip the croutons! Caesar Salad is usually served on chopped Romaine Lettuce, but use what you want.
For the protein: You can grill, blacken, sautee, fry, bake, or buy (rotisserie chicken) the chicken or shrimp to add to your Caesar Salad.
The Dressing: I tend to buy most of my salad dressings, for the sake of convenience, but for holidays and special occasions, nothing beats a fresh and delicious homemade dressing. Check out my Classic Caesar Keto Dressing recipe below!
Keto Classic Caesar Dressing by Noreen’s Keto Kitchen
- 1-2 Cloves of Garlic, finely minced
- 4 Anchovy Fillets or 2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- 1 tablespoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 Large fresh egg yolk
- 1/2 cup Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, the higher quality you can use here the better
- Add the minced garlic and anchovy fillets to a medium bowl.
- Whisk in the lemon juice, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and egg yolk.
- While whisking, drizzle in the olive oil and continue to whisk until the mixture is emulsified.
- Add the parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Use the dressing immediately, or store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- With the raw egg yolk included in this recipe you will want to use this dressing ASAP. It is so yummy that I guarantee that won’t be a problem!
I love Cobb Salad! Who can argue with seasoned grilled chicken, chopped hard boiled egg, real bacon crumbles, chopped avocado, blue cheese crumbles, sliced red onion, tomato and a nice creamy dressing, all over your favorite salad mix! Sign me up! There really is nothing fancy about a Cobb Salad – use the toppings you like and your favorite dressing and you have a simple, delicious, healthy, summer salad!
Ditch the drive thru and serve this mexican inspired salad! Treat the taco Salad like tacos, so that means any toppings go:
Guacamole, smashed avocado, chopped jalapeno, pico de gallo, cooked ground seasoned beef/turkey/chicken, shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa, black olives, diced red onion, chopped tomatoes, squeeze of lime juice, fresh cilantro, etc.
The possibilities are endless and so customizable!
Big Mac Salad
Ditch the drive thru and opt for a Keto-ized Big Mac inspired Salad instead. Sliced up burgers, on a bed of chopped Iceberg or romaine lettuce, finely diced white onions, chopped pickles, and big mac sauce/dressing. It’s a pretty awesome replacement for the carb & sugar laden fast food one.
Keto Secret Sauce by Noreen’s Keto Kitchen
- 1/2 cup of Low Carb Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons of French dressing or Thousand Island Dressing ( I use the lowest carb one I can find)
- 2 Tablespoons of Dill Pickle Relish
- 1/2 Tablespoon of Sweet Relish
- 1 teaspoon of Dried Minced Onion
- 1 teaspoon of Sugar Free Ketchup
- 1 teaspoon of White Vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon of Salt
Add all of the sauce ingredients into a small bowl. Mix until well combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour, before serving. Will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Grilled Shrimp Salad
Shrimp is a great quick dinner idea because it cooks super fast. Before grilling, sauteing, or broiling, toss the shrimp in your favorite seasonings.
I like to change up it all the time, but here are some of my go to seasoning choices:
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Slap ya Mamma Seasoning
- Butter, garlic, pepper, splash of lemon juice
- Buffalo Shrimp – melted butter and franks red hot sauce
I love a nice Tuna salad anytime but it’s super great in the summer because it requires no oven!! (if you leave out the hard boiled eggs). Check out the recipe below:
This recipe can also be used to make Chicken or Turkey Salad, just sub out the protein and everything else stays the same. Serve over a bed of leafy greens, piled up in a FatHead Bun with some bacon, or wrapped up in large romaine lettuce leaves. Or like how I ate most of it – straight out of a bowl!!
- 2 cans of high quality Tuna (8-10 ounces total)
- 1/2 cup of Low Carb Mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon of Brown Mustard
- 1 Tablespoon of Dill Relish (or chopped up dill pickles)
- 1/3 cup of Celery, finely chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Dash of Paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- Green Onions, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 Hard Boiled Egg, finely chopped (optional)
- Bacon crumbles (optional)
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir until well combined. Add salt & pepper to taste. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Serve Keto Tuna Salad on a bed of Butter Lettuce, Romaine, Spring Mix, Spinach, etc. Or eat on slices of cucumber or piled up on a Fathead bun with a strip of bacon… YUM!! This recipe can also be used to make Chicken or Turkey Salad, just sub out the protein and everything else stays the same.
Chicken, Bacon and Ranch Salad
I love the flavor combo of grilled chicken, melted cheese, bacon crumbles and yummy ranch dressing. For the dressing, I buy mine from a local orchard that has a farmers market. They make a bunch of their own sauces, dressings, jams,etc. The ranch I get is AWESOME and zero carbs per serving. Find a ranch dressing that you love and is low carb and you will stick with it! Check out your local markets, farms and orchards because you never know what amazing treats you will find.
If you aren’t lucky enough to have found the perfect ranch dressing to buy, a packet of hidden valley ranch seasoning will do as well. If you want to make your own homemade Keto Ranch Dressing, here’s my recipe:
Keto Ranch Dressing by Noreen’s Keto Kitchen
Per Serving (12 servings in recipe): 150 calories, 16g fat, 1g carbs; 0.5g protein
- 1 cup of Low Carb Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup of Full Fat Sour Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of Dried Chives
- 1/2 teaspoon of Dried Parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon of Dried Dill Weed
- 1/4 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of Onion Powder
- 1/8 teaspoon of Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- In a large bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients: low carb mayonnaise, sour cream, chives, parsley, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, salt & pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.