Low Carb, Sugar Free, Gluten Free, Nut Free, and Grain Free!!
Nutrition information will vary depending on what brands of ingredients you use and how big you cut the slices. However, here is a general break down of the nutrition info for 15 serving slices in a standard 8×8 pan:
Per slice: 169 Calories, 13.9g Fat, 3.4g Protein, 6.7g Total Carbs, 4.6g Fiber,
2.1g NET CARBS
Keto Coconut Flour Brownies by Noreen’s Keto Kitchen!
- 3 Large Eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 Cup of Coconut flour
- 1/2 Cup of Swerve/Erythritol/Monkfruit (Low Carb Sweetener)
- 1/3 Cup of unsweetened Dark Cocoa Powder
- 12 Tablespoons of Butter, melted
- 4 Ounces of UNSWEETENED Baking Chocolate
- 5 Tablespoons of Full Fat Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Line a 8×8 baking dish or a loaf cake tin with parchment paper.
- In a microwaveable bowl add the butter and the chopped unsweetened baking chocolate. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir and back in the microwave in 30 seconds intervals until butter and chocolate are completely melted. You can also let the mixture melt on a double boiler if you don’t use a microwave
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients: coconut flour, low carb sweetener, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- In a big bowl, add the sour cream, vanilla extract and then crack the 3 eggs and beat them with an electric mixer for at least a minute or two.
- Add the melted butter and chocolate mixture to the eggs and continue mixing for about a minute
- Slowly stir in all the dry ingredients with a wooden spoon or spatula until you get that delicious brownie batter consistency.
- Pour brownie batter into parchment lined loaf tin.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes until firm and the top is cooked. A knife inserted into the center should come out mostly clean, if there is a lot of wet batter, then bake another 5 minutes and knife test again.
*** The baking time really does vary drastically from oven to oven, or batch to batch, so I give them a check at the 15 minute mark. A clean knife inserted into the middle should have a little bit of wet batter but not be totally covered in batter. If it’s not done, bake another 5 minutes and test again with the knife.***
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Gently pull the cake out of the loaf tin using the sides of the parchment paper, remove parchment paper and place loaf on cooling rack.
- Serve with a glass of unsweetened almond/coconut milk, tea or coffee.
- Cover the cake and store in the fridge.
***Some Handy Dandy Tips from Noreen’s Keto Kitchen***
*** I would NOT recommend using Stevia in this recipe. I have tried baking with Stevia several times and it just doesn’t deliver like Swerve or Monkfruit, and it tends to have a bit of an aftertaste***
Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!!!! Tried and Tested From Noreen’s Keto Kitchen!!!!
Here are some of my Keto Kitchen essentials when making this recipe (you can click on the pics below for more details):
As an Amazon Affiliate Associate I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases