Gluten free, Grain free, Low Carb & Sugar Free…. But NOT FREE of Deliciousness!!!!!Net Carbs: 2.6 grams
Nutrition information will vary depending on what brands of ingredients you use. However, here is a general break down of the nutrition info (3 servings): Calories 439 Carbs: 4.7 grams Dietary Fiber: 2.1 grams
Net Carbs: 2.6 grams Fat: 24.7 grams Protein: 48.8 grams
Keto Crispy Chicken Tenders by Noreen’s Keto Kitchen!
- 1 Pound of Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast or Tenders
- 1.5 Ounces of regular Pork Rinds, crushed
- 8 Tablespoons of Almond Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon each of: Salt, Pepper, paprika, garlic powder, & slap yo mama seasoning mix (optional)
- Additional Salt & Pepper to season chicken breast
- 1 Tablespoon of Grated Parmesan cheese (I use the plastic jar stuff, no need to get fancy here)
- 1 Large egg
- Dash of cream or half & half (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of Brown Mustard
- Olive Oil for frying – or any Keto friendly oil such as Avocado or Coconut oil
- Cut up the chicken breasts into your desired size; a kitchen scissors makes this easy. If the pieces are a bit uneven in thickness, lightly pound with a meat tenderizer mallet.
- Lightly season the chicken pieces with salt & pepper.
- In a bowl combine the crushed pork rinds, almond flour, parmesan cheese, and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and slap yo mama seasoning.
- To crush the pork rinds, I place them in a ziploc bag and use a rolling pin to roll over the pork rinds, crushing them to a panko breadcrumb consistency. It you want extra crispy chicken, then I would leave the pork rinds in chunkier pieces.
- In a separate bowl, combine the egg, mustard and dash of cream/half & half. Give it a good mix.
- Time to start cooking!!!
- Add enough olive oil to a Large frying pan to just about cover the bottom of the pan. Let the oil heat up for a few minutes on medium heat. In the meantime, you can start coating the chicken.
- Dip the chicken pieces, one at a time, into the egg mixture, making sure it is well coated.
- Then dip into the pork rind coating, and place on a plate. Continue to coat all pieces with the egg mixture and then the pork rind mixture.
- Once the olive oil is warm, gently place the chicken pieces, one at a time into the oil
- Cook on medium heat about 5 minutes per side, until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove chicken from pan and let drain on a paper towel covered plate.
- Winner Winner Chicken Dinner is READY!!!!
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce: no sugar added ketchup or BBQ sauce, mustard, ranch or blue cheese dressing, or my personal favorite Chipotle Dip from Stew Leonard’s (aka as the disney world of grocery stores).
- Leftovers can be chopped up and put on a salad, in a fathead bun sandwich or added to a Lettuce wrap.
- Variations – This recipe can be easily modified for sooooo many things!
- If you want to use this chicken as the base of a Chicken Parmesan dish, I would switch out the paprika for some dried oregano or basil, and maybe add a bit more parmesan to the coating.
- For Spicy Chicken tenders, add more slap yo mama seasoning or your own choice of spicy seasonings.
- For Buffalo Chicken tenders: after frying the chicken, toss & coat them in buffalo sauce. I always make my own buffalo sauce: equal parts melted butter to Frank’s Original Red Hot sauce for medium spiciness.