Gluten free, Grain free, Low Carb & Sugar Free…. But NOT FREE of Deliciousness!!!!!
Nutrition information will vary depending on what brands of ingredients you use and how big you cut your slices. However, here is a general break down of the nutrition info (for 16 servings): Calories 203 Carbs: 3.5 grams Dietary Fiber: 2.3 Net Carbs: 1.2 grams Fat: 19.6 grams Protein: 3.3 grams
Keto Fudge Brownies with Peppermint Chocolate Buttercream Frosting by Noreen’s Keto Kitchen!
- 1/2 cup Superfine Almond Flour
- 3 Eggs, at room temperature
- 12 Tablespoons of Butter
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Dark Cocoa Powder
- 2 oz of Unsweetened Baking Chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup low carb sweetener (Swerve/Erythritol or Monkfruit)
- 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Powder
Peppermint Chocolate Buttercream Frosting
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened to room temp ( 1 stick)
- 1/2 cup powdered Low Carb Sweetener ( I use swerve or monkfruit)
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Almond/Coconut milk, Half & Half or Heavy Cream, adjust amount as needed for your desired frosting consistency ( I used Half & Half here)
- 1 teaspoon Peppermint Extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper, making sure to cover the bottom and sides. I used a circular pan, but whatever you want to use is fine.
- Time to make the Brownie Batter!
- In a microwaveable bowl add the butter and the chopped unsweetened baking chocolate.
- Microwave for 30 seconds, stir and back in the microwave in 30 seconds intervals until butter and chocolate are completely melted. You can also let the mixture melt on a double boiler if you don’t use a microwave.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients: superfine almond flour, sweetener, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- In a big bowl crack the 3 eggs and beat them with the mixer for about 1 minute.
- Add the melted butter and chocolate mixture to the eggs and continue mixing for about 30 seconds.
- Slowly stir in the all dry ingredients with a wooden spoon or spatula until you get that delicious brownie batter consistency.
- Pour the brownie batter into the parchment lined prepared pan.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes. The baking time really does vary drastically from oven to oven, or batch to batch, so I give them a check at the 15 minute mark.
- A clean knife inserted into the middle should have a little bit of wet batter but not be totally covered in batter. If it’s not done, bake another 5 minutes and test again with the knife.
- Allow to cool completely on a rack in the pan. Lift brownies out of the pan using the edges of the parchment paper.
- Time to make the FROSTING!!
- Cream the softened butter with an electric mixer, for about 1 minute.
- Add powdered low carb sweetener and unsweetened cocoa powder, mix until well combined.
- Slowly add in the unsweetened milk/cream while beating until it is completely incorporated.
- Beat in the Peppermint Extract and any additional unsweetened milk/cream until desired consistency is reached.
- Frost your Brownies!!! And that is it!!! So simple, easy and delicious!!! I sprinkled mine with a little bit of powdered low carb sweetener.
- Store in the fridge.
- Let sit out a few minutes before devouring, as it lets the buttercream frosting soften slightly.
Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!!!! Tried and Tested From Noreen’s Keto Kitchen!!!!
Here are some of my Keto Kitchen essentials when making this recipe (you can click on the pics below for more details):
As an Amazon Affiliate Associate I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases.