Keto, Low Carb, Gluten Free, Sugar Free & Grain Free!!
Nutrition information will vary depending on what brands you use. However, here is a general break down of the nutrition info (for 4 servings):
Calories: 230, Total Carbs: 1.5 grams, Dietary Fiber: 0.1 grams, Net Carbs: 1.4 grams, Fat: 19.7 grams, Protein: 8.8 grams.
I can’t take credit for creating this yummy low carb garlic farmer’s cheese spread. I had it once at my boyfriend’s parents house and well, I had to try to recreate it as soon as possible! It has become a staple at my house now. Anytime I make sauteed or roasted pork chops, or grilled chicken, I also make this yummy garlic cheese spread to serve along side my protein. I love dipping my roasted Brussels Sprouts in it! Any leftovers from dinner, can be used as a veggie dip- I personally love dipping sliced radishes in this stuff, but celery would work too.
Keto Garlic Farmers Cheese Spread by Noreen’s Keto Kitchen!
- 7.5 ounce block of Farmer Cheese ( I use Friendship brand, pictured below)
- Full Fat Sour Cream – about 2-3 heaping Tablespoons ( I mean the utensil and not the measuring spoon)
- Low Carb Mayonnaise- 1 heaping Tablespoons ( I mean the utensil and not the measuring spoon)
- 1/8 teaspoon of Salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon of Pepper, or to taste
- 1 clove of fresh Garlic, crushed (This is pretty essential, garlic powder just won’t cut it here)
- In a bowl, combine and mash with a fork, the farmers cheese, mayonnaise, salt, pepper & crushed garlic.
- Mix in 2 heaping spoonfuls of the sour cream.
- Stir well. We are going for a consistency similar to Ricotta Cheese. If it seems a little too thick add another spoonful of sour cream & mix well.
- And that’s it! I like to refrigerate for a bit before serving to let the garlic come alive, but it’s not really necessary.
- Serve with any meat, fish or poultry. Leftovers can be used as a veggie dip- I personally love this dip with sliced radishes, but celery or cucumbers are good options too!
Some Recipe Notes:
- I use whatever low carb mayo I have on hand; which tends to be more Dirty Keto, because of the soybean oil. I don’t fret too much since I don’t use mayo regularly. If you are strict Keto, then use a Mayo that contains Avacado or Olive oil.
- If you can’t find Farmer Cheese, there are tons of recipes on how to make it if you google “How to make Farmer Cheese”. It looks super quick & easy to make. But I buy mine at Stop & Shop or ShopRite, it’s generally located near the sour cream.