Keto, Low Carb, Gluten Free & Grain Free!!
This is a hearty & filling dinner idea! You can reduce the calories by increasing the servings to 8. You will still have decent size pieces and won’t be disappointed! I used Ground Chuck Beef which is higher in calories & fat compared to other ground beef and ground turkey. The nutrition info is based on what I used.
Nutrition information will vary depending on what brands you use. However, here is a general break down of the nutrition info (for 6 servings):
Calories: 525, Total Carbs: 9.6 grams, Dietary Fiber: 2.4 grams, Net Carbs: 7.2 grams, Fat: 39.4 grams, Protein: 39.1 grams.
I make some version of this Keto “Lasagna” pretty regularly. I have learned from all those attempts that it’s best to keep it simple – Meat, Cheese, Sauce, Spinach & Ricotta! Simple & delicious!! This is awesome to make ahead! It sets great overnight and allows you to cut clean slices out of it.
Keto Lasagna with Spinach & Ricotta by Noreen’s Keto Kitchen!
- 1 1/2 pounds of Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
- 10 Ounce Bag of frozen or fresh Spinach
- 12 Ounces of Whole Ricotta Cheese
- 12 Ounces of Mozzarella, sliced ( I use blocks so I can cut big, thick slices)
- 2 cups of Low Carb Tomato Sauce (See below for sauce I use)
- 1 Medium Egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of Dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of Dried Basil
- 2 Tablespoons of Minced Garlic (Jarred) or 1-2 fresh cloves, minced
- Dash of Salt
- Dash of Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese to sprinkle on top (optional)
- I used a 10 x 7 inch casserole dish, it is almost 4 inches deep. If you add extra layers of meat or veggies you can definitely use a larger dish. Use your best judgement here.
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Prepare your spinach- rinse and remove large stems
- Cook the Ground Beef in a Large saute pan over medium heat. Once browned, drain most of the grease from the pan.
- Add in 1 Tablespoon of the Garlic and 1 cup of Tomato Sauce to the Ground Beef and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the whole bag of spinach. It may be overflowing at first but will quickly cook down.
- Once the spinach has cooked down, remove pan from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the Ricotta Cheese, 1 Tablespoon of Garlic, egg, salt, pepper, oregano, & basil. Stir until well mixed.
- Layer the bottom of a casserole dish with sliced mozzarella cheese. (If you are using shredded, make sure to cover the bottom with cheese.)
- Sprinkle some tomato sauce on the 1st layer of Mozzarella.
- Now layer half of the meat/spinach mixture over the mozzarella layer.
- Sprinkle a little more tomato sauce on the meat layer.
- Take half of the Ricotta mixture and spread onto the meat layer.
- Now add another layer of Mozzarella and repeat the above steps- sauce, meat/spinach, sauce, & Ricotta.
- I finish the top of the Lasagna with either sliced or shredded mozzarella.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until lasagna is browned and bubbly.
- Refrigerate any leftovers. This is awesome to make ahead! It sets great overnight and allows you to cut clean slices out of it.
- I often add a layer of pepperoni in the lasagna and also on the top, but I was out and not going to the store =p
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!!!! Tried and Tested From Noreen’s Keto Kitchen!!!!
Here are some of my Keto Kitchen essentials when making this recipe (you can click on the pics below for more details):
As an Amazon Affiliate Associate I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases