Nutrition information will vary depending on what brands of ingredients you use. However, here is a general break down of nutrition info for ONE COOKIE (batch made 24 cookies): Calories: 118 Carbs: 3 grams Dietary Fiber: 1.5 grams Net Carbs: 1.5 grams Fat: 12 grams Protein: 12 grams
I consider these cookies Dirty Keto because I used Sugar Free Hershey’s Chocolate Chips. Those particular chips have malitol, a sweetener which I generally avoid on Strict Keto. However, these chips were on sale, I only used 4 oz to make 24 cookies and I don’t plan to make them regularly. If I switch out the chocolate chips for Lily’s chips or other Keto chocolate, these can easily become Strict Keto.
Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies by Noreen’s Keto Kitchen!
- 1 1/4 cup of Almond Flour
- 3 Tablespoons of Coconut Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 8 Tablespoons of a Low Carb Sweetener ( I used Swerve)
- 10 Tablespoons of Butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg
- 4 oz Sugar Free Chocolate Chips of your choice
- 2 oz of Chopped Walnuts (optional)
- Combine Almond Flour, Coconut Flour, Salt, Baking Soda & Baking Powder in a bowl. Stir until well blended. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the Butter with an electric mixer until soft, about 2 minutes. Mix in low Carb Sweetener and continue to cream the Butter until it is light and fluffy (at least 5 more minutes). The longer you cream the butter and sweetener together the better.
- After 5 minutes, add the Vanilla Extract and Egg. Mix well.
- With a spatula, add in half of your Flour Mixture to the creamed butter- stirring until just incorporated. Then stir in the remainder of the flour.
- Stir in the Sugar Free Chocolate Chips and Walnuts.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate cookie dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop cookie dough into 24 rounds and flatten them slightly with a fork. The cookies will spread a bit during baking. For a crisper cookie, flatten them a lot, for a softer cookie flatten them slightly. You can see how mine look going into the oven in the below pic. I was going for a softer cookie.
- Place cookie dough on the parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes.
- My first batch were a tad too brown (still very edible) at 10 minutes and just about right at 8 minutes. So watch your oven carefully as it will vary and cookies go from under cooked to over cooked very quickly.
- Allow the cookies to cool about 5 minutes on the baking trays before transferring to a cooling rack. If cookies are too crumbly to move, allow them to cool completely on the baking sheet before transferring. They will firm up nicely as they set and cool.
- Store the Keto Kookies in an airtight container. I left mine in the cupboard but refrigerating or freezing should be okay as well.
Serve with a cup of Irish Tea with a splash of cream or a cold glass of unsweetened chocolate almond milk and I am happy!!
Hope you enjoy these as much as I do!!!! Tried and Tested From Noreen’s Keto Kitchen!!!!
Here are some of my Keto Kitchen essentials when making this recipe
As an Amazon Affiliate Associate I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases