The longer you are on Keto the less snacks you will find yourself needing, as hunger suppression is just one of the many benefits of Keto. But, starting out or on one of those “I am soooo Hungry” days, you may need a snack or two to help resist the carb laden temptations that are everywhere!!!
Here is a list of some great, easy and convenient Keto snacks:
- Pickles: not only delicious and low calorie, but a great source of dietary sodium
- Jerky: be careful of any added sugars of starches
- Deli Ham or Turkey
- Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- Canned Tuna or Sardines
- Pork Rinds: be careful of any hidden carbs/sugar in flavored pork rinds
- Cubed or Sliced Cheese: cheddar, pepperjack, swiss, mozzarella, etc.
- Jones Braunschweiger: these are an amazing source of vitamin A, and are high fat. I eat them by themselves most of the time, but sometimes will throw it on a buttered fathead bun- YUM!! (They are considered dirty keto based on the ingredients- 1 net carb for 2 slices)
- Almonds: salted, plain, watch for any added flavorings or sugar in flavored almonds
- Walnuts: always measure your nuts! It’s very easy to over estimate your portion
- Sunflower Seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds
- Coffee with HWC: moderate caffeine has been shown to be beneficial for weight loss, throw in some Heavy Whipping Cream, and you have a high fat, surprisingly filling afternoon pick me up. Beware of any flavorings,creamers or syrups that you add to your coffee
- Celery or Cucumber slices with cream cheese/ blue cheese dressing/Keto friendly Dip
- Hard Boiled Eggs: You can find these out and about in a lot of convenience stores/grocery stores,etc – I make mine ahead and store in the fridge.
- Bacon: I bake my bacon by the batch now, less mess and more consistent bacon
- Berries with Whipped Cream: great to curve the sweet tooth but make sure you are measuring out portion of berries and the whipped cream has no added sugar- better yet, make your own!!!
- Unsweetened Chocolate Almond Milk: I ain’t gonna lie- I drink it straight out of the carton – when I just want a “glass of milk” this is my go to!!!
- Keto Fat Bombs: recipes for fat bombs are EVERYWHERE…. I no longer make fat bombs, they lost their appeal very quickly to me. I wanted to make real food that everyone could eat not just a Keto-er.
As an Amazon Affiliate Associate I earn a small commission from qualifying purchases